Join Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services and S&P Dow Jones Indices for a half-day symposium in Washington, DC featuring our keynote speaker Professor Robert Shiller. Through discussion with Professor Shiller and other authorities on housing, the symposium will explore capital market participants’ views on attracting private capital to finance the housing market, as well as a bi-partisan discussion on the various housing finance proposals.
Topics will include:
- What is the current state of the housing market?
- Is the U.S. heading for another housing bubble?
- What is the importance of housing to the U.S. economy?
- What are the prospects for GSE reform?
- What are the growth prospects in the private label RMBS market?
- What legislative proposals are being formulated to reform the housing finance system?